How can some of CM users have nothing better to do than be on here for hours and hours a day?

I just don't get it. I see people on here everyday for hours (according to their profile) and not even doing anything that seems worthwhile. I get that some of you like points but is it really worth it to just keep clicking on this site for hours for them?

Does anyone spend time with their SOs? Their kids? Reading a book? Cleaning your house? Talking to friends?

I'm not trying to put anyone down and I get having free time but seriously, everyday for hours??? I just want to know why.

: )

Sara.Robyson

Asked by Sara.Robyson at 9:40 PM on Jul. 30, 2010 in Just for Fun

• maybe they are just signed on all day and check in periodically
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:41 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• my laptop is always open, i spent a lot of time here when i had a newborn too
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 9:42 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• for me it is the end of the day. the child is running around playing his his best friend - the dog lol.

fun to sit here after he goes to bed and interact - see the various opinions of people
    MoMoFu

Answer by MoMoFu at 9:42 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Why do you care? How does the amount of time I spend on CM or don't spend on CM effect your life. It doesn't!!!

Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 9:42 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• It has a time for each answer and question they submit and some people have one every 2 minutes for over 3 hours. I think it's crazy and sad.
    Sara.Robyson

Comment by Sara.Robyson (original poster) at 9:43 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• hubby and I are jobless at the moment- kids are teens.
    The boys play World of Warcraft or Xbox360 and my daughter is either on the phone or on the computer/xbox whichever is not in use by the boys SO I am on here!
    we are all pretty much in the same room together and talk-but doing our own thing
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:43 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Some people don't close out of CM, like me. I leave it up and check in when I get a spare minute.
    PoisonousBlonde

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 9:43 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Their life, not mine:)
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 9:44 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I'm not saying it affects my life I just truly TRULY find it pretty depressing. I've never known anyone in real life who can spend more than 2 hours on the internet. Most people I know like to get up and do something and use the internet as a form of entertainment and a way to unwind for a small period of time.
    Sara.Robyson

Comment by Sara.Robyson (original poster) at 9:45 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I usually have a browser up for my most viewed sites so I can check them quickly through out the day when I have a free moment. I had someone message me once asking how I could stay on facebook so long without a break but it took me five hours to respond because that was when I finally got a break to check the sites.
    LadyKiki

Answer by LadyKiki at 9:45 PM on Jul. 30, 2010