How do you get rashes to heal?

I notice that my baby's bottom and vagina keep getting rashes on them and I use A+D, but it seems as though the rashes, after healing, keep comming back twice as worse.

istylin26

Asked by istylin26 at 9:53 PM on Jul. 30, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Darkfaery is right now that I think about it. My dd who is now 4 had a reoccurring rash when she was an infant and it turned out that it was a rash due to yeast. I asked her about the prescription that I kept seeing on tv for such a rash (can't remember the name of it), and she told me she would give me a prescription if I was willing to pay $100 WITH insurance. She said that I could buy diaper rash cream and a over the counter yeast infection cream, mixed equal parts and rub that on. Check with your Dr first, but that is what I did for my baby and it never came back.

shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 10:00 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• my suggestion is to get the dr to make sure it's not a yeast/fungal infection.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 9:54 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Maybe just use powder and change her diaper more often:) Good luck, nothing worse than a raw little bottom:(
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 9:55 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Try a little cornstarch.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:55 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Get her checked out at the doctor's first and foremost.
    AdrianaS

Answer by AdrianaS at 9:56 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• powder would help but i agree with darkfaery..... it could be something other than a regular diaper rash
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:56 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I use baby powder with cornstarch when its a mild irritation...I think sometimes it needs something dry rather than something that keeps the area moist.
    Sometimes, I will alternate and use a little zinc oxide cream..works like a charm...you dont glob it all on, you just put a little bit and usually by the next diaper change, the irritation looks to be gone. You can buy it at a regular drugstore over the counter. Its in a tube.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 9:57 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I have to use A&D the yellow/clear kind. Anything with Zinc in it would always make my son's diaper rash worse.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 10:01 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• thanks everybody, your suggestions were all very helpful!!!
    istylin26

Comment by istylin26 (original poster) at 10:02 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Also, give the rash air, if possible, just lay her on an absorbent pad.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:03 PM on Jul. 30, 2010