Question about my son's new car seat...................

I just bought my son his first front facing seat and the directions say to use the harness slot that ia "at" or "above" his shoulders. One of the slots is exactly at his shoulders and the next one is a little above so I guess I have a choice. But which one would be safer?

luvsmysonjames

Asked by luvsmysonjames at 10:01 PM on Jul. 30, 2010 in General Parenting

• It depends on how far above his shoulders the other one is. If it is a big distance (3 or 4 Inches) then put it at his shoulders until he gets a little taller. He will be more secure that way.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 10:04 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• ABOVE his shoulders because the other one may be uncomfortable for him.
    AdrianaS

Answer by AdrianaS at 10:02 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• from what I just found "shoulder straps fit snugly--can only fit 1 finger between harness and shoulder"

I personally though have had better, safer results from using the slot above instead of right at. My kids manage to make the straps slip of their shoulders if it's the lower slot, even when I pull the straps tight.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 10:05 PM on Jul. 30, 2010