baby question!!

my baby moves her mouth a ton. she is still in the womb in ultra sound she had her hand up to her mouth. n today i saw her beautiful little face in 3d n she was moving her mouth so much and was what i believe sleeping. and her hand up to her face. at first i thought adorable, but then she moved her mouth so much. i started to think is something wrong>>>can any one help me? thank you so much for your feedback!

steph_parker

Asked by steph_parker at 10:06 PM on Jul. 30, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It's VERY normal :) She was probably just swallowing fluid as all babies do in the womb.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 10:07 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• she is just drinking the amniotic fluid and probably sucking on her finger or thumb. why would that make you worry? lol

princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:08 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• NORMAL, don't panic. My babies were always sucking their thumb (looked like). Did you ask the doctor or technician? They would have said something to you. In fact, the technician is the one who told me I was expecting twins. Then my doctor came in and said "oh you are having twins!"
    AdrianaS

Answer by AdrianaS at 10:09 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• no, there is nothing wrong. Babies are supposed to move their mouths. They start in the womb so that when they are born they can nurse or drink a bottle when they are born. They are also practicing breathing, but instead of air, they suck in the fluid, which also gets their kidneys working.

your baby is fine
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 10:09 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• @misteh thank you. @princessbeth79, this is my first pregnancy, everything worries me :) thank you as well.
    steph_parker

Comment by steph_parker (original poster) at 10:10 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• practicing her breathing, it's normal...my tech noticed my dd do that during one of my ultra sounds...the tech was like "oohh you can tell it's a girl, talking aready!" lol sure enough, now she won't shut up! :)
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 10:13 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• @adriana s true she didn't tell me anything but that she is either going to be a really good speaker or eater or both lol. thank you. @darkfaery131 thank you. i read that in a book but forgot, thank you tho. @armywife43 thats so funny, thank you as well
    steph_parker

Comment by steph_parker (original poster) at 10:16 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• My son was sucking his thumb almost the whole time at my 3d appointment. It was also really neat because the pics showed him frowning too. Just like the other ladies said- sucking, swallowing, breathing are all really normal healthy signs
    wood1980

Answer by wood1980 at 10:16 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• @wood1980 thats so cute. thank you!
    steph_parker