if the doctor said no sex for 3 weeks basically untill a few weeks into your second trimester........ adult content

can you still have oral sex. i mean can he still safely give me oral. he doesnt penetrate or anything. my doctor said no sexual intercourse. i am sooo wanting my SO prego hormones are making me want him even more..but i cant and i wont but is oral ok? or if i orgasm could it affect the baby? he said no intercourse because he said my cervix looked irritated. but we hadnt had sex for 3 days before my last visit.....he just didnt want to chance it since i am a high risk....due to a previous miscarriage...

Asked by Anonymous at 10:09 PM on Jul. 30, 2010 in Pregnancy

• no penetration
    no orgasm for you either (orgasms can cause contractions)

that's exactly what i was told anyways.

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 10:11 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• No oral for you. You can't have an orgasm. It can sometimes trigger labor.

Answer by Misteh at 10:11 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Ask you doctor, I think it has to do with orgasms maybe causing the problem (right now)?

I would call and ask.

Answer by AdrianaS at 10:12 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I would think the orgasm could cause problems but I don't know for sure

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 10:12 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• sorry, no boom boom for a couple of weeks. Trust me, the fat babies are worth it.

Answer by lovinangels at 10:12 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I think when I doctor gives you directions, it is best not to push the envelope. Is three weeks of no fun worth the health of the baby? Without knowing the full extent of your diagnosis and situation, it is hard to say if there could be negative consequences. An orgasm can cause uterine contractions and oral can introduce bacteria into the vagina. There is no way to tell if either of these things could cause further problems, so why risk if for a few minutes of pleasure?

Answer by Danielle720 at 10:13 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Follow Dr.s orders .

Answer by dragonlady44 at 10:19 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I would def ask your doctor but if it is just about your cervix I would think having an orgasm without penetration would be ok???

Answer by newmomma14 at 8:33 PM on Jul. 31, 2010