Mamas who got married young....

How old were you when you got married? How long were you together before you got married? Are you still married to the same person? Are you happy? If you're not with them/happy, what do you think went wrong? How long were you married before you separated/filed for divorce? Looking back, do you have any regrets either way (staying/leaving)?

Sorry for so many questions, but I'm going through a rough time and possibly facing divorce soon. If you prefer, you can PM me your story, or use the anon feature if you have it.

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 10:20 PM on Jul. 30, 2010 in Relationships

• I am not sure why he thought she would be a good mom to them when she didn't raise the 2 before them, but he thought the grass was greener on the other side. Anyhoo we just celebrated 20 years, 15 of which we have actaully been together for. I wouldn't change anything now, we have 8 kids, his 2 are now mine and I could not imagine life with out them or him. He has turned into an amazing man.

It was NOT easy, it was the hardest thing I have ever done in my life but what in life is easy?
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 10:51 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• My hubby and I started dating at age 20 and became pregnant 6 weeks later. We were married a month after baby was born and have been married for over 17 years now. It has not been easy, but we've managed to stay together all this time. I'm sorry you are going through such a rough time, hopefully someone will have some advice for you:)
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 10:23 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• 19 3 years prior to marriage, marriage lasted two weeks. He had a fundamental difference of opinion as to what the word obey meant, and how it was going to translate into our marriage.

lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:23 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I married my dh 3 days before I turned 20, so I was technically 19. We knew each other for about 6 months before we eloped. It was all very impulsive and it was rough. I wouldn't recommend it to most, but it worked for us. We have been married 3 and a half years and we are having our second child in November. Marriage is hard at any age and after any length of dating and marriage. I am sorry you are having a rough time!
    Danielle720

Answer by Danielle720 at 10:24 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I started dating my first husband in 1994 at the age of 17, we married in 1996 at the age of 19. Had our son in 1997. We were together until 2005 and divorced in 2006. We had a rocky marriage for a few years before the seperation but he was living a lifestyle behind my back that I did not agree with. Once that life took away the home that we as a family were living in I was done. There is alot more details to the story, if you are interested PM me and I will message you the rest. I do not regret my decision at all. I did not want our child to be raised in the enviroment that his father was in.
    t_06_twins

Answer by t_06_twins at 10:25 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I got married when I was 19 years old, almost 20. We had met in middle school and "dated" then but we didn't seriously date until we were seniors in high school. Then it was an on again, off again relationship. We have had many obstacles to over come- 3 deployments, moving back home, school, work, family, etc. Last Saturday, my husband told me that he loved me but wasn't in love with me and didn't know if he wanted to stay or leave. It broke my heart, but to be honest, it was a blessing in disguise. This past week as been awesome. I vowed that I would be all of strength into at least trying to save our marriage. I think that if I didn't then I would regret it. By doing so, we have gotten to know each other again and we are falling in love with each other all over again. Will it last? I don't know but I do know that we are both giving it our all and there will be no regrets about that. Cont..

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 10:25 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Cont... If he decides that he needs to move on then so be it. I have found some inner strength this week that I never knew I had. I know that no matter what, I will make it. Oh, forgot to add, we have been married for 8 years.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 10:26 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Ok lets see I was 19 when I got married, we were together 22 months before we got married. We are going through a divorce right now he left me on April 1st this yr. We had been having problems so no I was not happy because his computer game was more important than the kids and I but don't get me wrong we started off happy all of our friends said we were the happiest couple they knew. We were married for 4 yrs and 5 months before he told me he wanted a divorce. As far as regrets I don't have any because I was the one who offered to try to work it out even though he was the one that screwed it up , well I have one regret and thats just the fact that our kids don't understand why their dad is not in the picture anymore. If I would have stayed I would have regretted it because he is not going to change and I have since found a great guy or at least I hope so its long distance right now so idk but i have known him since i was 9.
    mama2005

Answer by mama2005 at 10:37 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Dated my husband for 8 months before we got pregnant and married. WE were both 20. The first 2 years of marriage were better than anything I could have imagined. Even the fights were bearable, because we talked everything out and were able to resolve almost every disagreement. NOW- at 2 1/2 years of marriage, I am bored to death. He is so lazy, annoying, immature, aggravating, blah, and I am so tired of being his 'mommy'. I think I thought my marriage was great because I was a great wife, but I look back and he has been like a 13 yr old boy this whole time. We are talking about a separation... currently in counseling, but it really isn't doing much. I wouldn't change a thing from the past-my son has had an AWESOME first 2 years of life... and I just hope we can divorce the same way we settled arguements in the beginning of our marriage!!
    Good luck!
    RachWell

Answer by RachWell at 10:40 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I married my hubby when I was 18, we had been dating since I was 16 1/2. At 19 I had our first ( was not pregnant when we got married) and when our first was 2 months old I learned he was cheating on me, but I had my second at 20, a lapse in judgement and at the time I believed things would work themselves out, but when #2 was 6 months old he walked out the door for a pack of cigerrettes and never came back. He left me for the other woman, as you can imagine I was devestaed and crushed, he said he wasn't ready to be a father yet, but he failed to mention that the other woman was pregnant and that our babies were only 2 months apart. For almost 5 years I never heard from him, and then one day out of the blue he called and what was most shocking to me was that the moment I heard his voice I realized I still loved him. It wasn't an easy road, he came to me with 2 children................continued
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 10:48 PM on Jul. 30, 2010