Yeah Potty Trained....But reward???

When your child was completly potty tained did you get them a big reward?? Like a bike or battery powered toy as a finally potty trained reward?? My daughter is 2 1/2 and almost fully potty trained and i was wondering if i should get her something big as a reward???

EJsHottMama

Asked by EJsHottMama at 5:22 PM on Oct. 3, 2008 in General Parenting

• My youngest wanted new soft flannel sheets and a bedspread for her bed, so I told her she had to be potty-trained first so she wouldn't pee on them.
    mamapotter

Answer by mamapotter at 5:26 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• i don't think so. just the fact that she can wear "big girl underwear" should be the reward. you can make a big deal about it and let her pick out her own underwear at the store.
    Anonymous

• We took my oldest to the Crayola Factory once he was fully trained (well not so much at night yet), and we plan on taking our youngest to the Hershey Chocolate Factory. He's super excited to go. Maybe instead of a toy plan something the family can do together, that way you can all celebrate (cause you know you want to)
    lifeofchaois

Answer by lifeofchaois at 5:35 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• My son was excited to wear big boy underwear!!!
    GFXMommy

Answer by GFXMommy at 5:42 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• IT SOUNDS LIKE YOU ARE WANTING TO CELEBRATE IT SO GO AHEAD. I LIKE THE IDEA OF THE WHOLE FAMILY DOING IT TOGETHER. BUT IF YOU DONT HAVE THE MONEY, YOU COULD HAVE HER A CAKE MADE WITH A PICTURE OF A POTTY AND BIG GIRL PANTIES .... SOMETHING TO THAT AFFECT. OR STICK WITH YOUR IDEA OF A TOY THAT WORKS JUST AS WELL. YOU KNOW YOUR CHILD BETTER THAN WE DO. I DEFINENTLY WOULD DO SOMETHING, CAUSE EVEN THOUGH "BIG" UNDERWEAR IS THE POSSITVE I THINK SOMETHING ELSE WOULD BE NICE. SOMETHING THAT THEY MIGHT REMEMBER OR THAT YOU CAN TAKE PICTURES OF. JUST MY THOUGHTS ON IT.
    alicia_4307

Answer by alicia_4307 at 11:44 PM on Oct. 3, 2008