Question #2 about marriage/divorce: For mamas who ALMOST got divorced, but you guys worked things out

What did you do exactly to fix things? What was wrong in your marriage? How old were you when you got married and started having problems? What was your best resource for help? How are things going now? Any words of wisdom for someone facing divorce who doesn't want it to go that way?

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 10:23 PM on Jul. 30, 2010 in Relationships

• I answered your other post and pretty much covered these questions but I wanted to add that I think it would be beneficial for both of you to sit down and write a list of what is bothering you. My husband and I did this and it really opened my eyes to some things. It wasn't necessarily anything that I was doing, but he was overwhelmed with school, work, and other things that it was preventing him from being a good father and husband. Now that I know this, I know what his limitation are and if he gets near those limitations then I need to step in and help.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 10:34 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I wish I could help. My DH almost left me once for stupid reasons but had to come back the same night he left and we talked. Both of you have to be willing to make it work. And talking is the most important part of working things out.
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 10:34 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I still love my husband... but I'm not sure if I'm still in love with him. And sex... I can't even remember the last time we had sex. Last October, maybe? It's gotten to the point where thinking of him naked disgusts me. I think it's partially because he was out of work for a year (he wouldn't look for work) and packed on about 70lb because all he did was eat, sleep, and play on his computer. He was just sooo lazy and irresponsible and it drove me nuts. I don't know what happened to us. He recently told me that he does not want more children, which is a total 180 from what I came into this relationship thinking (based on our conversations while dating, when we were first married, and even after our daughter was born). I just don't know what went wrong with us and when.
    Mrs.BAT

Comment by Mrs.BAT (original poster) at 11:00 PM on Jul. 30, 2010