is it better to buy a house with appliances.....or...

ie stove..fridge..dishwasher....oven....or is it cheaper to buy a house without then purchase those thing on your own?

sweetestkitten

Asked by sweetestkitten at 10:25 PM on Jul. 30, 2010 in Home & Garden

• it depends on the price of the house to begin with and if the appliances are new or outdated (in the scenario where they're included). if the included appliances are old you will probably end upreplacing them in a couple of years anyway.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:28 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• considering the prices of appliances are about $1000 each (average depends on what it is of course) I really don't think it's going to make that much of a difference in the price of the house.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 10:29 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I guess it depends on the price and how much money you have to spend on those items.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 10:27 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I don't know, but don't make the same mistake we did. We bought a house that does not have dishwasher capability. We bought a new dishwasher with the intention of having it installed, but it's been sitting in it's unopened box for a year and a half. I doubt it will ever get opened until we buy another house and DH will not let me trade it for a portable.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 10:28 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I would think its better to buy them separate,because u are going to paying on these appliances for 30 years.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 9:20 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• If you buy them seperate, you can choose what you would like.
    Iluvmy5

Answer by Iluvmy5 at 11:51 AM on Jul. 31, 2010