Help me pick a color...

my wedding is in October and is going to be an " autumn theme" ( fall colors, pumpkins, foilage, etc) .... I need to get the final colors for my bridemaids dresses ( and groomsmen ties, etc) .... I have 4 bridesmaids and teir colors are going to be... a burnt orange/ copper, dark red/ wine, and like a dark olive green... but I cannot figure out what to do about the 4th color...I was thinking about a chocolate brown but not sure that would look right especially with the groomsman having a balck tux ( I dont like brown and black together) ... but I am thinking that might be my only chouse... I also though about a golden color... but not sure if that would looks too bright while standing next to the others or too similar to the orange....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:47 PM on Jul. 30, 2010 in Just for Fun

• you could go with a deep gold or a medium navy?
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:51 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• do a yellow color, like the leaves that turn yellow when they fall =)
    xmama_bellax

Answer by xmama_bellax at 10:50 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I had an october wedding and our dresses were a harvest gold.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 10:50 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• burgandy
    a dark burnt orange color maybe if you like orange
    or even a nice dark golden color. not like bright yellow LOL but the darker gold that's used in silk flowers if you KWIM

um, yeah, go look at the silk flowers at your local craft store for ideas :o)
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 10:55 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I can't think beyond brown and gold. I think gold would go better with the other 3 than brown and do not think it would be too similar to orange, but I'd have to see the exact colors to give a real opinion. Have you thought about a deep brown tux for the guys?
    Jessica157

Answer by Jessica157 at 10:54 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I think you should go with a soft/muted gold color--it'll look good with the black tuxes and fit your color scheme. Or you could select a shade of burgundy that is different than the wine color you;ve selected--if it's a purplish wine color then go with a more red wine color, or go with a lighter/darker olive green than what you've already selected.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:55 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I think gold would be nice.
    moniquinha

Answer by moniquinha at 10:56 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• yes I agree, GOLD. What about having the groomsmen wear something, like a Bow, or little tissue in the pocket to match the bridesmaids respectively ?
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 10:58 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• gold
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 11:01 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• i would go with the gold
    britme1027

Answer by britme1027 at 11:07 PM on Jul. 30, 2010