Are you comfortable with making more money than your husband?

Does it cause problems when you make more money than your husband?

35yoamom

Asked by 35yoamom at 10:51 PM on Jul. 30, 2010 in Money & Work

• Hell yeah I'm comfortable with it... And so is he... We both prefer that I make the money & he does the domestic stuff...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:53 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I am a SAHM right now, but if I did make more money than DH, it wouldn't matter to either of us. Money is money, and the more the merrier!
    beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 10:55 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I'm a SAHM now but at times I made more then him & it was fine.
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 10:57 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I have before and it didn't make a difference. As my husband says, "it all goes to the same place".
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 11:06 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I think he would be happy at all the money, but also secretly hate me like I'm emasculating him lol.
    Deathlilly

Answer by Deathlilly at 11:07 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• My husband I don't care who makes more money, just as long as someone is bringing it enough to covere everything. If I made more money then he does right now he'd be estatic. As long as the bills are covered, we can save money, and we have enough to have a little fun.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:10 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I would love to make more money than my husband! We are separated and I would love to rub it in his face!
    fairyinabubble

Answer by fairyinabubble at 12:12 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• When I worked full-time I did make more money than my husband. He used to make nasty remarks every time I got a raise (something about "must be nice" and how he was "overworked and underpaid"). We kind of had a fight about it, and I told him he should be happy for me when I got a raise. He also liked the extra income.

I haven't worked much at all since our oldest was born almost six years ago and I've been a SAHM and student. When I graduate as an R.N. at the end of the year and start working, I'll make twice as much as him. Hopefully he'll remember that a lot of hard work went into being trained for a new career. He admitted that he'd never studied that hard in his life.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 12:36 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• Sure. Why not? Should it really matter who makes more?
    marchar2002

Answer by marchar2002 at 2:18 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• Why wouldn't I be? I don't understand why you would need to ask this question.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:54 AM on Jul. 31, 2010