getting pregnant while breastfeeding?

we are trying to get pregnant but i am breastfeeding and haven't gotten my period. I wonder if you can get pregnant, is it eaiser, and how do I know when I am ovulating or when to take a test? Any suggestions on the whole thing?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:23 PM on Oct. 3, 2008 in Pregnancy

• You could get the ovulation tests on the store (target has them I know) and just test for a month, see if you are ovulating.
    Anonymous

• If you aren't getting a period you aren't ovulating. While there is nothing wrong with being pregnant and breastfeeding and I am ABSOLUTELY NOT trying to judge you or anyone else for it, I still wonder why? I am going to assume (and correct me if I am wrong) that you still have a relatively small child. Why not enjoy this one for awhile and start TTC when you are having regular periods and done breastfeeding? (Again, this is an honest question, not a leading one or me trying to get you to change your mind about TTC!)
    VAMommyX4

Answer by VAMommyX4 at 5:36 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I became pregnant with my second child when my first was 9 months old, I was nursing her, and had not had a period yet. I had normal ovulation signs. We weren't set on trying, but were fine with not preventing it either. I was able to nurse my first until she was 13 months, had a relatively easy pregnancy, and gave birth to a healthy little girl. Happy baby making! :-)
    Heidi428

Answer by Heidi428 at 6:06 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Oh, yes. You can go baby to baby without ever seeing Aunt Flo.

Answer by gdiamante at 7:34 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• First of all you can get prego before you get your period. You will probably ovulate before your first period, which means you may be able to get prego. I got preg while I was BF my son. I was temping to see if I was ovulating. If you don't know how to do that you can check out a site like Fertility Friend where you can chart your temps. I did that when ttc for both of my babies. Anyway, best of luck!
    Paesana82

Answer by Paesana82 at 8:28 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Good Luck and I don't have any advice..
    akhlass

Answer by akhlass at 12:28 AM on Oct. 4, 2008