what do you do with a little girl who doesnt mind her pants being wet or doesnt care to try to go potty??

i have tried everything i can think of i let her sit in her wet pants and she walks around like she is all proud. she doesnt want anything to do with potty training but gets really excited when i go. i am at a loss. and for those of you that say girls are easier......wow i dont think so!

babykins362003

Asked by babykins362003 at 5:24 PM on Oct. 3, 2008 in General Parenting

• First of all, how old is she? She may not be ready to potty train.
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 5:28 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I see in your profile that she's two... how old of a two-year-old? There is a world of difference between 24 months, 30 months, and 35 months.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 5:31 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Sounds like you need to back off with the potty training. Look, I realize that so many people out there will tell you "you child is how old? They must be trained!" but it's not about age. It's about readiness and understanding. If she refuses to try, stop and wait a while longer. Talk to her about it but don't pressure her cause this is a major control thing with kids, one that will only get you angry and them sad. Let it go and try again. She'll get it in her own time. It's not worth the fight, in my opinion.

My oldest son was the same way and it drove me nuts! I finally gave up and let him work it out his own way. He was close to 4 years old but trained himself in literally one weekend. It was his time. My youngest is almost 3 1/2 and just today decided he wanted to wear underwear and has only had 1 accident.
    lifeofchaois

Answer by lifeofchaois at 5:33 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• she is 27 months old
    babykins362003

Answer by babykins362003 at 5:36 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• My DD is 27 months old and she isn't potty trained. We talk about it and I went and got her a pretty pink potty for her and when she is ready she knows how to use it. She does every now and then.
    GFXMommy

Answer by GFXMommy at 5:40 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• She is probably not ready to train and now its becoming frustrating for her and for you also. Stop for a while. Try again when she is taking her diaper off, showing somehow she is wet, when she is ready. You will see the signs and then be consistant with what you do. Start small, not big things and not fast things. Start by taking her when she wakes up, certain times of the day, right before bedtime,etc. Be consistant, thats the key. Buy pullups when the time is right. She will see you get frustrated and then it starts all over again.
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 5:41 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• my daughter has never once went in it at all not once
    babykins362003

Answer by babykins362003 at 5:41 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Well, thats ok, cause she is not ready. Who told she needs to be potty trained now, you need to smack em,lol, jk.Just wait. You are frustrated and so is she. Try it every 2 weeks.
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 5:59 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• i am actually trying really hard to get her potty trained b4 i give birth to a new baby....i dont want to have to buy double diapers lol
    babykins362003

Answer by babykins362003 at 6:07 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Well, she isn't ready, I am sorry to say.. Try this ok. You are a little frustrated as I can see, and you know she probably is too. Just stop for 2 weeks. 2 weekends from now, when she gets up, start when she wakes up, then all thru the day. Right now give yourself a break and her too, and it may work better in 2 weeks than it is right now.Also, get her us to pull ups and see how she does.I have 2 young ladies, and they were completely potty trained, nightime also, by 3 and 1//2. Once she gets use to it, it won't be hard. Some children 5 years old still pee and poopl their pants.Thats another story.
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 6:14 PM on Oct. 3, 2008