What do you think sin is?

35yoamom

Asked by 35yoamom at 11:06 PM on Jul. 30, 2010 in Religious Debate

• Nonexistent!

I think the idea of sin is a great way to keep people in line and keep them from straying away from your church... Without sin there is no need for guidance or forgiveness - or church! Beyond that, I don't see a point in the belief at all.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:08 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Being estranged from God.
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 11:09 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Disobedience to God.
    montanagal2005

Answer by montanagal2005 at 11:11 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Doing something forbidden by God

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 11:11 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• "sin" is virtually nonexistent. . . but I would have to say anything that you feel guilty for doing or . . . If you can not in good conscience do something. . .then don't/ if you know you shouldn't do something. . .then don't.
    *if that makes sense.*
    Kirs

Answer by Kirs at 11:13 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Doing anything that fails to meet the standard established by God. Or failing to do something God has called us to do. The Bible says "If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us"
    ghostwriter777

Answer by ghostwriter777 at 11:18 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• As an athiest, that uses the word sin. I would say sin is against ethical treatment of fellow humans. Sin is being wrong to your neighbor. To lying wrongfully. (rightfully is that dress is great to the plump lady who needs a pick me up) Sin is having money but lying about profits to the people you employ. Sin is nothing but an act against humanity.
    EyeofOdin

Answer by EyeofOdin at 11:19 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Separation from God.
    comfycouch

Answer by comfycouch at 11:55 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I like the definition some people gave as sin being separation from God. I would say that sin is when we violate the Commandments, the teachings of Jesus and other New Testament teachings, or just fail to treat other people with respect and dignity.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 12:19 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• Before I became a Christian, I used to think that sin was doing anything that went against what you knew was right. I still think that, but now my definition of sin is also denying God and Jesus. That means making a mockery of the Gospel, blaspheming, and worshipping false gods and idols. God gives us every day as a new chance at a fresh start to get close to Him. To take that for granted and deny all the blessings He has given us is just heartbreaking. Especially knowing that no matter what, He still loves all of us. I think that is the biggest sin anyone could commit.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 12:32 AM on Jul. 31, 2010