What do you think about my husband having dinner once a month with his siblings only?

No spouses are invited. The youngest brother began organizing this after he got married because his wife doesn't like to be around any of us.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:38 PM on Jul. 30, 2010 in Relationships

• I think it's fine. She doesn't like them and she's not attempting to get along with everyone. You aren't going to make her. You don't have control over anybodies actions but your own. So the best thing to do in a situation like this is be the better person (or at least act like the better person) and send your DH out with his siblings and don't talk shit about it. That way, SIL will always look stupid and you won't.
    emilex

Answer by emilex at 12:14 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• well, the reasoning that his wife doesn't like anyone is just silly and rude, but I wouldn't care if my hubby just wanted to hang out with his siblings without me once a month.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 11:40 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I would say not a problem since it's only once a month. But what does his wife have against all of you? Does that mean she doesn't want to see you during holidays or anything?
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 11:39 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I don't see a problem with that. Do you?

My problem is with the SIL who doesn't like the family. She should have thought about that before marring into it. I am all about, when you marry him, you marry the whole family. If you don't like them, or they don't like you, then divorce is in your future.
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 11:39 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I think it is a good idea. My husband tries to get together with his sister and brother about once a month for lunch.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 11:39 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• sounds ok to me..... it sounds like they enjoy spending time together
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 11:39 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Hmm, why not, I need alone time why not my SO. I want my SO to have a relationship with his siblings and I don't want to hang with them most of time. Why not? Its like a 'boys weekend'
    EyeofOdin

Answer by EyeofOdin at 11:40 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I think its a good idea, its his family not some chick he knows, be thankful!
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 11:43 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• It wouldn't bother me, personally, as long as I got equal consideration sometimes.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:44 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I go out to eat with my mom and sisters every Friday night. Without my husband.
    maddoxsmama

Answer by maddoxsmama at 11:44 PM on Jul. 30, 2010