Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump


I hate the job I have because it depresses me. I have a very difficult science degree and have not been able to find a job (entry level) so I'm stuck at the job i worked during college...i really hate it....does anyone have any advice on where/how to look for a job?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 11:40 PM on Jul. 30, 2010 in Money & Work

Answers (5)
  • I;m curious about what you do and what you want to do.

    Answer by EyeofOdin at 11:42 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

  • What is your degree in? I know that some states are looking for secondary science teachers and they have an alternative certification program. If that doesn't interest you, tell me more about what you are looking for.

    Answer by JeremysMom at 11:43 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

  • Have you tried going back to the college you earned your degree at? Colleges usually offer assistance with helping graduates find jobs in their fields.

    Answer by marchar2002 at 2:17 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

  • Marchar idea is good. Also read the book 48 days to the work you love. Also network and let people know what type of job you want. Many jobs are word of mouth so perhaps they can give you a tip on a job not posted on monster or in the newspaper.

    Answer by partiesbyjan at 2:40 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

  • There must be a professional association related to your degree; find local networking events. The university placement office is likely also a great resource.

    There are lots of great tips and resources in the CafeMom Job Hunting Moms group:


    Answer by rkoloms at 8:24 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.