Shooting pains in my uterus, is this normal?

I went to a health clinic yesterday to verify my pregnancy, They estimated that I'm about 6 or 7 weeks pregnant. For the past two days, I've been having horrible shooting pains in my uterus. I'm not sure if this is normal, or if I should be concerned. Right now, I don't have any insurance, So no doctors visits yet. It should kick in, in a week or so. Any suggestions? Help would be appreciated! Thanks.

dre.mommy.to.be

Asked by dre.mommy.to.be at 11:46 PM on Jul. 30, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Try to take it easy until you get insurance. If it gets worst than go in right away.
    juggalettetina

Answer by juggalettetina at 12:03 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• I'm just worried, being young. And not having anyone with me at night. But thank you.
    dre.mommy.to.be

Comment by dre.mommy.to.be (original poster) at 12:08 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• Unless it gets worse I'd say its normal ligament pain! I remember that pain. I described it the same way!
    Jonathan101909

Answer by Jonathan101909 at 12:24 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• Alrighty, Thank you (:
    dre.mommy.to.be

Comment by dre.mommy.to.be (original poster) at 12:25 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• There are a lot of things that it could be. Keep your feet up, don't over exert yourself, stay very well hydrated with water. Pregnancy has all kinds of weird sensations that your body won't be used to. It is common to have cramping and pains as everything is stretching to accomidating the baby. While the baby isn't big enough to be causing the stretching your uterus is still growing in size right now and your blood volume is increasing. If you start spotting don't worry too much but if you start bleeding (going through more than one pad in an hour) then you need to get into an ER or urgent care. Odds are you'll be fine. *hugs* You have a great support here when you need to voice your fears.
    Cassarah

Answer by Cassarah at 12:27 AM on Jul. 31, 2010