To those that have had placenta previa during a pregnancy, can you share your experiance?

I'm 20 weeks pregnant and they discovered I have complete placenta previa. I've been reading up on it, but would like to hear from people who have had this during pregnancy. Did it cause severe problems? Or did it move enough not to be a problem?

montanagal2005

Asked by montanagal2005 at 11:53 PM on Jul. 30, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I had it with my 1st pregnancy at 20wks it did not cause any problems and it moved out of the way in enough time
    mscamp0235

Answer by mscamp0235 at 11:56 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I did not have it, but my sister did her entire pregnancy until the very end and she had no problems except occasional spotting which her doctor said was normal. It moved at the last minute and she had a normal vaginal birth. So in conclusion, it really didn't cause any problems for her.
    emilex

Answer by emilex at 12:09 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• i had it and ended up having to have a c-section because of it.
    happy-go-lucky

Answer by happy-go-lucky at 12:04 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• I'm with the first poster, only I had to go on bed rest for the last six months of my pregnancy,. but it moved and I had a natural childbirth. I had some heavy bleeding on and off but it ended up being no problem.
    tharealty2

Answer by tharealty2 at 12:06 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• Oh, I forgot to mention I have to have a c-section anyway. I'm looking more for complications during the pregnancy.
    montanagal2005

Comment by montanagal2005 (original poster) at 12:06 AM on Jul. 31, 2010