Sex after pregnancy adult content

So after I had my baby my husband and I began having sex again regularly. Recently I feel like he doesn't want to do it at all. I feel like I no longer turn him on. I tried talking to him about it but he didn't want to talk about it. Did anyone else have this problem and what did you do to help the situation? I gained 43 pounds during my pregnancy and have only lost 13. But I feel like he is not one to judge being he weighs just under 300 pounds.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:13 AM on Jul. 31, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Having a baby is stressful on everyone, wether it's your first or fifth. It changes the dynamics of the family and it can be hard to get used to. Don't get angry and let him know if he wants to talk you're willing to listen. There are other ways of being intimate, my husband and I will hold hands and watch a movie together when we're just really tired. The stress may be affecting his little soldier too and that may just make it too embarrassing for him to talk to you about it. Pamper yourself, please yourself, and remain open and loving to your husband. I highly doubt it has anything to do with your weight or how you look. I know it hard not to worry but try not to. *hugs*
    Cassarah

Answer by Cassarah at 12:21 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• I agree with Cassarah, give him some time, my husband had a nervous breakdown about 3 months after my 1 year old came, he felt like a failure, was exhausted and put himself under a lot of pressure. It didn't help that I was pretty demanding as well. Just let him know that if there is anything he wants to talk about you are willing to listen with an open mind and I would also gently point out that you have noticed this and would feel better if he could at least tell you what's going on! GL =)
    Liz30355

Answer by Liz30355 at 12:29 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• I'm sure it's not that he isn't attracted to you anymore, he's just preoccupied with being a new daddy and having his attention shifted to the baby. Looking back now, I realized I put alot less effort into getting my dh's attention and making things 'spicy' in the months after our ds. Maybe after the baby goes to bed do something special, like put on an outfit and see if that brings some heat back!
    nellyb118

Answer by nellyb118 at 12:29 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• Probably just the new daddy thing going on. Give him some time and if things don't get better then have tht convo one more time with him... Good luck...
    Judmr

Answer by Judmr at 9:55 AM on Jul. 31, 2010