he said either i can pay all the bills or he wants to move out so he can save up money?!?!?

we arent married but have been together for 4 years and have a child together. he has been the bread winner the 3 years we have been living together, i have been working part time and only able to contribute a little to the bills and such. but now he says he wants to be able to invest money into his music career and other things such as a car, and he wants to move back to his mothers (and i to my mothers) so that he can save money. he says he no longer feels he should have to pay all the bills. and tho i offered to move into a cheaper place and work more to pitch in more with the bills etc, he said that the only way he would feel satisfied is if he didnt have to pay the bills at all so he could put it towards his music. i told him he could leave whenever as soon as he wanted, that i refused to go backwards. what would you have said?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:25 AM on Jul. 31, 2010 in Relationships

• LMFAO, for real??? He expects to stop BOTH of your lives, STOP paying bills, and move in w momma so he can persue this 'music career'?? If only we all had this as an option in life; I'm happy to live w my mom and not pay bills too but, uh, I have kids and a life and all that, and he's got a SO...I can't believe just how selfish this sounds. Don't go backwards and dont expect to stop your life for him. Getting into music is hard enough, but he is willing to let go of everything for it - sounds like a crap shoot. Let this go mama, cuz when he fails he'll feel like and ASS, and you'll be able to decide whether to wipe his tears of defeat or your tears of laughter
    nappeal

Answer by nappeal at 12:34 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• I'd say bye bye and file for child support ASAP!!!! He's gonna see then he won't have much left to save!!! ;o)

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 12:28 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• I agree with what most people are saying. You keep moving forward and do what you need to do to support yourself and your child. Being a single mom is not as hard as it seems. I raised two small children for a couple of years making less than $7 an hour. It wasn't easy but it was worth it. You do what is fair and right for you and your child and let him do what he feels is fair and right for him as long as it doesn't interfere with your wellbeing or your child's well being.
    Cassarah

Answer by Cassarah at 12:41 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• I would have said the same thing as you. Except I would have used a bit more colorful choice of words (: He doesn't deserve to be with you after that. If he's going to put himself first instead of his family. You'd be better off going back to your mothers. But that's just my opinion.
    dre.mommy.to.be

Answer by dre.mommy.to.be at 12:28 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• exactly that. if he wants to act like a child he can move in with his mom and do just that. i could not be with someone who thought they should not have any responsibility because they dont want to.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 12:30 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• Don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:31 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• if anything it should be 50/50 BUT that includes him taking care of the kid too (which I find a lot of men don't especially ones that sound like your man, no offense)

I would have said "don't let the door hit ya!"
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 12:27 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• I'd have said goodbye to the selfish bastard!
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 12:31 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• That was my SO's excuse too before we seperated after 8 yrs together. We weren't married, but I just had our son. All of a sudden he felt that if we seperated (me with my mom and him staying with friends) he would be able to save $. Sounded to me like he just didn't want the responsiblity of a family. Hang in there, do what you gotta for you and your baby and like one mama said on here "being a single mom is not as hard as it seem." Just don't count on him for any real support. Good luck.
    sylvia559

Answer by sylvia559 at 1:00 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• Men suck
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 1:04 AM on Jul. 31, 2010