Which brand is better?

I taked to my pediatrician about possible trying to put my daughter ona soy formula or lactose free because the nitrigmen she is on is soo expensive and i am starting to have a hard time (and i do not qualify for wic). She said it was fine to try it, but she may be allergic to it also and if she is then i would need to go back to the nutrigmen. But i forgot to ask her which brand she suggests, and they close at 12 on fridays. What is your favorite brand? Similas, Enfamil, or Good Start?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:36 PM on Oct. 3, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I prefer Similac Isomil but my baby is on Enfamil ProSobee because I am on WIC and it only covers Enfamil.
    Anonymous

• I buy plain old wal-mar brand. Parents choice is the title ( I dunno if they make a soy. ) My son used it to and was just fine. Even the store brands have to be approved to be sold.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:40 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Breastmilk
    Anonymous

• Do they make a generic Nutramagen? I would try that first... many babys that are allergic to milk also have problems with soy.. and then you would have a bunch of soy you couldn't use.
    But as for other Soys... I would stick with Enfmail.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 5:43 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Doesn't Enfamil make the Nutrigmen? If so, I would use Enfamil....maybe the switch would be easier?
    smp0404

Answer by smp0404 at 5:45 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• IMO, Enfamil is the best. it's even closer to breastmilk than those other brands. at least their poop looks like it's supposed to while being breastfed, while with the other brands it's a nasty green color. as for Anonymous at 4:41..she asked which formula is better, not anything about breastmilk.
    Anonymous

• I refuse to use anything but Enfamil, like the pp said, their poop even looks the same as when breastfeeding, unlike the others which is green. thus, it really is closer to breastmilk. which makes me feel better as a mom, since i couldn't produce enough milk for my babies to breastfeed exclusively like i wanted to.
    Anonymous

• Enfamil all the way for me! closest to breastmilk, that and my kids threw the other stuff up.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 5:57 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• The only kind my son can take is the similac advanced isomil soy.
    yaffamommy

Answer by yaffamommy at 6:23 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I have tried all 3 Similac, Good Start and Enfamil..... I highly reccomend that if you have a Walmart or a Target that you buy their Soy Formula... I found my daughter liked this formula best the few times we had to buy extra formula to cover us till the next WIC check. Its much cheaper and just as high of quality. It costs about the same for a large can as you would pay for a small can with the other three. Please just buy 1 small can to help you switch over that way if your child can't continue on the soy you don't have cans of formula you can't use. My Daughter has Reflux and even with the meds did better on Soy then Milk based Formula. Good Luck.
    tocreatefire

Answer by tocreatefire at 6:58 PM on Oct. 3, 2008