Anyone that has gone thru cycles of clomid is it expensive fertility treatment?Did it work? How long did it take?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:44 AM on Jul. 31, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Actually, clomid is probably the least expensive of fertility treatments. I used it several times both 25 and then again 15 years ago. However, I sucessfully conceived on my own at unexpected times (guess it wasn't my choice after all)
    Give it a good shot!!
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 12:55 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• Clomid is CHEAP. It runs about fifty bucks a cycle and some insurance plans cover it (mine did, I only had to pay the $20 co pay for brand name meds). Some people get lucky and it works on the first shot. Others need five or six cycles on it to get pregnant. In my research on the drug, I learned that if Clomid hasn't worked by the end of your sixth cycle, you need to look at other treatments, if it hasn't worked, it's not going to. Make sure that the reason you're not getting pregnant is because of a problem with ovulation - Clomid is not a wonder drug. It works on ovulation problems but not other problems, though it can help if your problem is low progesterone because Clomid boosts the amount of estrogen produced, in turn boosting the production of progesterone as well.

Word to the wise, it will make you feel like you're going through menopause and I'm told the side effects increase with each cycle.
    eema.gray

Answer by eema.gray at 1:04 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• Just a minute and I will go find my receipt and tell you how much I paid.
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 1:05 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• Found it. I am on my second round of it so I'm taking two 50mg tablets a day, so that's 10 pills total. Without insurance I would have paid $18. With my insurance it was $1.80.
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 1:09 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• p. s.
    Mine is generic.
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 1:10 AM on Jul. 31, 2010