Good News

I just want to share and get feedback. My SO had been in school for the last 2 yrs, he graduated in May. I received a raise this week at my annual. So.. Now we are FINALLY middle class. It has taken us LONG time but this month with have a surplus. As in we have paid all our bills and working on our debt, mostly student loans, and it is a really truly strange feeling to not be scared of the next gas bill. Has anyone been through that? Is there anyone working towards it? How did you get there? How are you going to get there?

EyeofOdin

Asked by EyeofOdin at 1:00 AM on Jul. 31, 2010 in Money & Work

• my family and i try to get a head but something always gets in the way.three my other half has been layed off we take what ever jobs comes our way .yes it can hold you down but with lol and looking brighter side of things it could be lot worse
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 1:11 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• That's good I wish I could say that.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 1:09 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• yeah, SO and I both teared up tonite looking at bills, its i have this feeling like the roof is going to cave in at any moment! For the last 2 yrs he has been in school and I have worked a crappy no benefit fulltime job. But I was recently promoted (still no benefits) and he graduated and got a job about two weeks later. So with my recent raise we are..... where we have been aiming for. I know its hockey but our son made us strive harder. YAY!!
    EyeofOdin

Comment by EyeofOdin (original poster) at 1:24 AM on Jul. 31, 2010