Deleting "friends" from facebook

I have a bunch of co-workers (even my boss) and other people that barely know me who sent me friend requests and I had to accept otherwise the situation would have been awkward. But I am so sick of seeing their stupid remarks on the Wall every day, I don't know them that well (we are a huge company) and I don't care to know them more than I do now. Since deleting them would cause some stir and talking, is there any way I can hide the activity of specific people so that I only see what my real friends are up to, without having to scroll through pages of crap?

icanbeabitch

Asked by icanbeabitch at 1:11 AM on Jul. 31, 2010 in Relationships

• yes... you can click on their post on your news feed and it will give you the option to hide that person

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 1:14 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• I haven't tried it myself, but I have heard others say that in their settings they were able to fix it to where they only see the posts of those they choose. There is also and option where you can limit who sees your posts.
    missmarla1

Answer by missmarla1 at 1:14 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• (PS... I LOVE your screen name!!! ;o)
    Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 1:15 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• yes, you can always hide them. on the 'news' page, anytime someone posts a status/other crap/games you don't care to see everytime you log on, you can click in the top right-hand side of said post and it will give you the option of hiding the person, the game, or canceling (the hiding, that is).
    or, really..just delete them! most FBers have so many people on their friend-list, they wouldn't even know who deleted them.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 1:15 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• i do the same thing with family enough is enough and if they ask oh the compurter is act up lol
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 1:16 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• By their comments on your wall in the upper right corner of their comment a "Hide" button will appear when you move your cursor over it. Click on the"Hide" button and you can Hide that persons comments and activity from showing up on your wall. This might be an easier way to go about your situation.
    marchar2002

Answer by marchar2002 at 1:16 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• I just checked.... run your cursor over the right side of their post in the news feed... then a button that says "hide" will show up... click on that, then click on hide that person!!

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 1:17 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• I deleted 2 preschool moms, my whole family. I find praying for someone's death very distasteful. Yes there is a group who prays for Pres Obama death.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 2:11 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• Just chabge their setting!!
    a-boys-world

Answer by a-boys-world at 2:52 AM on Jul. 31, 2010