Is my son too old to be in a crib?

He just turned 2 in June. He sleeps wonderfully in his crib. He has never tried to climb out and he sleeps all night. If I wait too long is it going to be harder to switch him, Or is it okay to just leave him there for a bit longer? I never really thought about it until my friend said "He's STILL in a crib?!"

LovelyMother88

Asked by LovelyMother88 at 1:16 AM on Jul. 31, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If he is comfortable in the crib I wouldn't worry about switching yet. Once he starts climbing out I would switch.
    PoisonousBlonde

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 1:17 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• leave him in the crib he will tell you when he is ready.just make sure you do it before he goes to collage
    lol
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 1:18 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• My son was in his crib till 3 years. He never had the desire to come out, he potty trained right after 3 years, etc. We transitioned him at 3 years and he did awesome! He never cried, no problems at all. When I say transition I mean we set up his new bed and he started sleeping in the same night, no problems.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 1:21 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• My dd was 3 when I took her out of her crib and put her straight into a twin bed it did take her a couple nights to get comfortable with it
    mscamp0235

Answer by mscamp0235 at 1:28 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• My middle son was almost 3 when we switched him to a twin bed - he would have stayed in his crib forever, but he had no problems going into a twin bed.

Answer by missanc at 8:20 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• As long as he's not climbing out, you're fine! When he starts trying to climb out, it's time to make the switch.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 8:40 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• my dd will be 2 in november and i tryed putting her in her 'big girl bed' and theres no way she will stay in it. She sleeps wonerful in her crib. I plan on leaving her in it for another year.
    Keaton_Hazel

Answer by Keaton_Hazel at 8:47 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• My son started climbing out at 14 months and had to be switched to a toddler bed, now hes in a twin because he flops around so much.

I say that if he is happy in his crib, leave him in until he starts climbing out.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 9:41 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• The older generation has told me to leave my son in the crib until he is potty trained. He is 25 months old now and still not potty trained so we are still in the crib. Once they are potty trained they then become big boys and can have a big boy bed....
    lanesmommy08

Answer by lanesmommy08 at 12:30 PM on Aug. 3, 2010