5 Top Tips to keep a Organized House.

Name 5 tips how you keep your house organized and in top-top shape?

CandieGirl09

Asked by CandieGirl09 at 1:17 AM on Jul. 31, 2010 in Home & Garden

• clean every day
    regian19832002

Answer by regian19832002 at 1:23 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• have a place for everything, and put it there (I do this right before bed, I hate waking up to clutter!)
    have a system for daily cleaning - I sweep the floors when I first get up in the a.m. and again at night.
    Never make a trip to another room empty handed - if I'm going upstairs for something, I look and see if there's anything that should be upstairs (like my older kid's clothes/shoes/various junk).
    when i take my shower in the morning, I take a minute to straighten up the bathroom. When I'm cooking dinner, I run a sink of soapy water and clean up while I cook.
    If you stay on top of it with little steps, it makes it alot easier - especially at my house, dh and 3 kids who don't know the meaning of "put that away".
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 7:40 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• i do a daily/weekly/monthly cleaning schedule and stick to it. I also have daily/weekly chores for the kids to do. i make lists and post them also.
    check out flylady.com
    ms_mommy_sue

Answer by ms_mommy_sue at 2:27 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• Have a place for ALL things
    clean in the morning and before bed
    put things away as soon as you are done!
    Do laundry EVERYDAY!
    vacuum like 15 times a day...LOL I do, I know it crazy :)
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 7:21 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• LOL!!! Tip-tip shape? My house? HAHAHAHA...

But okay, I've learned to focus more on floors... everyone who lives here has a habit of dropping things (toys, shoes, trash) and leaving it there, and the floors are usually the last thing I get around to cleaning, but a clean floor really does make a big difference to the overall appearance of my house.

Also, sometimes I have to force myself to start in another room besides the kitchen - the kitchen will have to be cleaned everyday, but when I start there, sometimes I never get to the other rooms.

Enlist help... for me that's my 3.5year old son. I ask him to pick up his toys or carry things from one room to another for me. He's the best helper I have.

Turn a blind eye. Not too often. But sometimes, you just have to resign to the fact that it's not a showroom-house...people actually live there!

That was 4, so for #5 I'll say pare down & organize... one day I'll get there!
    debbymichelle

Answer by debbymichelle at 1:44 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• 1. Lots of baskets and bins!
    2. De-clutter regularly via yards sales and donations!
    3. Sweep/Swiffer/vacuum regularly!
    4. Finished basement keeps all toys out of sight!!
    5. Put dishes in the dishwasher after using and not in the sink!

BONUS TIP

Tidy up after the kids go to sleep, and before going away on vacation--the last thing I want to see when I wake up or come back from a vacation is chaos!!! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:39 AM on Aug. 1, 2010

• You can do anything for 15 min. at a time! (This is from www.flylady.com)
    CoCoMom89

Answer by CoCoMom89 at 12:15 AM on Aug. 2, 2010