My6month old starts day care

I will start a new job on 10/13/08 and my 6month old girl will start going to day care and im scared to leave her and i know she will be okay i went to see the day care and its nice im worryed help me get over this i need some points.

Tracymom08

Asked by Tracymom08 at 5:43 PM on Oct. 3, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• yeah i would be scared too. U gotta watch day cares these days. I would check the day care up and down know everyone that works there and make sure they have good backgrounds and I mean that . God bless
    Anonymous

• Visit 2-3 times before she starts
    Drop off her personal items before your start day.
    Plan extra time into drop off and pick up
    Insist on a Daily Care Sheet, you provide last diaper/feed time and any issues/needs she has for the day, they tell you diaper/feed times, things she did, questions, concerns
    Write a little note telling about her likes/dislikes, how she likes to be comforted, things that bother her.
    At Droppoff get her settled, intrested in a toy and say good bye.
    Don't go back to her if she cries allow the caregiver to comfort her this will build their bond
    Call when you get to work and later in the day or have them call you

Keep as positive an outlook on this as you can. My Daughter loves her provider and is struggling to get out of my arms at drop off and cries when its time to go home.
    tocreatefire

Answer by tocreatefire at 6:52 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• my son doesn't go to daycare but there is a friend of ours that watches him while we work. I was told that when it comes to daycare it is better for the daddy to drop off because its easier for the mom to pick up. If you can do that then great, in our case though I have to drop off and daddy has to pick up because of our schedules. My advice for you is to make sure you leave some extra time for drop off, also only say your goodbyes ONCE or else you will never leave. I also make sure to tell my son EVERY morning hat I love him and that momy will see him after work because that assures him that I am not leaving him forever and it assures me that I only have to wait until after work before I can see him again. Also for the first few times, leave some extra minutes to clean yourself up because if you are anything like me, there will be tears when you get to the car and start to drive away!
    ctsassy

Answer by ctsassy at 10:31 PM on Oct. 4, 2008