What's the worst thing anyone ever said to you while pregnant?

I had a coworker tell me at 8 months that I needed to "waddle" faster and another one tell me I was too big.

SweetLoveofMine

Asked by SweetLoveofMine at 1:37 AM on Jul. 31, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Some random person said "labor is going to hurt so bad you will wish you were dead." and she started laughing. It was my first pregnancy too, so I was scared to go into labor after she said that.
    PoisonousBlonde

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 1:39 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• Someone said "Whoa Brit! Look at those ankles!" then my husband said "Nah, they've always been like that." Excuse me? They have not...I had fat pregnant ankles....
    LovelyMother88

Answer by LovelyMother88 at 1:39 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• LOL @ waddle faster. Gosh, my husband would say that all the time to me jokingly. I didn't really get any negative comments, but my belly got HUGE. I have a fairly small frame and my son was almost 9 lbs, so I looked like all belly. One woman said, "Oh, twins any day now, huh?". I was like, "Ummm....no, it's one and I have a few months to go.", hahaha! My belly seriously measured to almost 50 cm at 48 weeks. The doctor even said it got bigger than average. It was hilarious!
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 1:41 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• "hey cow maybe you should watch what you eat" my 'friend' used to say i wasn't pregnant i was just fat and using an excuse.
    SolaraDarkset

Answer by SolaraDarkset at 1:41 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• LOLOL@LovelyMother...that is so something my husband would say!
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 1:42 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• I was walking to the movies with my Mom and this guy almost hit us while we were walking across the cross walk during our light. So he told me to loose some weight so I could walk faster and then called me a "fat dyke", I guess because my hair was short. I was eight months pregnant.
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 1:42 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• well not so much a "mean" thing- but my mom, aunt, and gma were all sitting around the table talking about how mad they were that my butt and hips weren't getting big like there's did- I am actually proud if that b.c by no means am i a small woman... but they came up with the same comment with my 2nd pregnancy..... I dont get why it is driving them so nuts.... Anyhow also my husband ALWAYS said I waddled like a penguin!!!
    hotrodmomma

Answer by hotrodmomma at 1:43 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• omg solara F that!!!

with my second pregnancy i got a few people asking if my life was ruined in the nicest way possible... Ha
    MoMoFu

Answer by MoMoFu at 1:44 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• "Get her ready for a c-section! Or she's (the baby) not going to make it!" That was when I was in labor (still pregnant) and that's what the Dr. said. We had to wait a few minutes for a room to do the c-section and while we waited I asked if I could try one last time. I pushed, the baby came out, and my tailbone broke. She had the cord around her neck a couple of times but she was fine.
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 1:54 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• I once got the meanest comment, I have a baby face so I looked like I was 15 when I was pregnant, (I was 20 and married but anyways) These 2 grown ladies were behind my mother and I in line at check-out @ a grocery store... anyways this woman says to the other "see what happens when you let your girls run around wild, they get pregnant w/ some random boys baby then live off our tax money" I turned around as did my mother, I guess they thought we couldn't here because they had a surprised look on their face... basically I went off, but my mom was even more pissed. Lioness protecting her cub thing! People these days!
    Topgunmommy

Answer by Topgunmommy at 2:00 AM on Jul. 31, 2010