Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

i feel so stupid

i have been messing with this guy for about 5 years on and off. we have a baby together and im still very much inlove with him.the problem is that i feel like he dont give a shit about me .i dont trust him and i hate the fact that im inlove with him.. how do i walk away from him.he lies ti girls about how me and him are ..hes very immature and he only see our daughter once a month ..and then on top of that he says he only comes to see her ..but he be all in my face...please tell me how to say forget him and the steps i need to take to get over his sorry ass

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 2:02 AM on Jul. 31, 2010 in Relationships

Answers (6)
  • Just don't talk to him at all, I know it's easier said than done, but if you have this little contact with him and you still fall for him then complete seperation is needed. Don't allow him to come over, don't sleep with him, only contact should be over the phone so he can set a time to see his daughter, you do not call him to set it, thats his responsibility. Be Strong. Remember our children learn everything from us, if we all POS to stay in our life, then they'll allow POS to be in their life. Teach your little one to be strong and move on.

    Answer by DomoniqueWS at 2:07 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

  • oh honey... we all have had THAT guy. one day, hopefully soon, you will trust yourself to live a life for yourself and your beautiful child and no longer for a shmuck. it is part of growing up... one day you grow up and no longer yearn for the attention of immature guys. i listened to a lot of "chick music" and watched a whole bunch of "chick flicks" and then said... I WANT THAT! got the nerve to tell that guy to pretty much go live his life being someone else's emotional parasite.

    call him a sperm donor, let yourself hurt for awhile, you will heal. you don't need him. he needs you though. but that isn't your responsibility.and for the sake of your child, your future and your happiness... love yourself. only through that will you find that good love. you know, the Sandra Bullock kind. remember, you are a guide for your do you want her to follow in your footsteps?


    Answer by spazlilsister at 2:13 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

  • One major thing that I think every woman needs in a situation they are desperate to get out of is someone to keep them accountable. It has to be a tough person that truly cares about you and won't let you get back together with him. If you can't think of anyone like this than you could get a counselor to go to for sure. You just have to make sure you are going every week and being completely honest.


    Answer by Sara.Robyson at 2:39 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

  • Take him to court......dont answer his calls or request for anything until after the matter. make hm pay child support....this is what is best for your child, I had to do it and I am glad that I did, my ex is a sorry ass and is missing out on my sons life but that his lost

    Answer by a-boys-world at 3:00 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

  • Just go cold turkey an tell him you aren't seeing him anymore. If he wants to see his dd then you can drop her off with him. Don't let him come by your house because he can drag around and not leave. If you are driving to his house then you have control. Take good care of yourself, keep busy, and do things you enjoy. That will help you stay strong. The more you stick to it the easier it will get.

    Answer by bjane01 at 9:39 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

  • Who says we have all had "that guy". I haven't because I didn't give in and give up and get pregnant without a marriage. My advice is always that you don't EVER sleep with a guy who is not attached by engagement or marriage. If your life is controlled and directed by SEX, it is a disaster.
    You just walk away from a loser and hold out for a winner. Just don't fall in bed with the next guy you meet. It ends in disaster. Get a GOOD GUY and create a trusting.faithful relationship and a commitment. Then you won't be adrift and without a support system and without a father for your children.
    I believe in FAMILY, not fooling around. Call me old fashioned, but it is the best way.

    Answer by gertie41 at 11:51 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.