any 1 NOT have facebook and why?

urban_baybee

Asked by urban_baybee at 2:14 AM on Jul. 31, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Ummm...I don't know. DOES anyone not have Facebook, lol? I mean...my Grandma has Facebook, haha.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 2:19 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• LOL.. i'm only asking because I don't have facebook. Oddly enough, even my mom has it but I don't...
    urban_baybee

Comment by urban_baybee (original poster) at 2:21 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg and his company are suddenly facing a big new round of scrutiny and criticism about their cavalier attitude toward user privacy.

An early instant messenger exchange Mark had with a college friend won't help put these concerns to rest.

According to SAI sources, the following exchange is between a 19-year-old Mark Zuckerberg and a friend shortly after Mark launched The Facebook in his dorm room:

Zuck: Yeah so if you ever need info about anyone at Harvard

Zuck: Just ask.

Zuck: I have over 4,000 emails, pictures, addresses, SNS

[Redacted Friend's Name]: What? How'd you manage that one?

Zuck: People just submitted it.

Zuck: I don't know why.

Zuck: They "trust me"

Zuck: Dumb fucks.

Brutal.

Could Mark have been completely joking? Sure. But the exchange does reveal that Facebook's aggressive attitude toward
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 2:23 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• Just one of the many reason why I don't have a facebook account. There was another security leak yesterday and they are now doing photo recognition on all photos posted. I mean really....... If all your friends drink the Kool-aide, does that mean that you should too? LOL No facebook Kool-aide for me. There have been so many crimes due to facebook in the recent months. Good for you for not having one.
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 2:26 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• I'm just kidding, OP. However, most people do have it. I keep mine super private. I don't even come up in search results. The thing I'd stay away from if you join are the applications. That's where the hackers get in.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 2:27 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• There was another security leak yesterday and they are now doing photo recognition on all photos posted."

Photo recognition for what?
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 2:28 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• If you do decide to get one, then I wouldn't accept anyone that you haven't talked to in person on on the phone in the last year. Why risk it? And also, why conform? But that's another issue that would deserve it's own thread. LOL
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 2:29 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• Any photo that you post (and tag) is recorded in their photo recognition software. Their website is not secure. Just be careful ladies. There are a lot of creeps out there. And never say that you are going to an event or out of town ahead of time. If you want to talk about it, then just post it after the fact.
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 2:31 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• **server, not software** It's late :o) Just be careful. Another plus of not having one is that I have people call and visit often to find out what I'm up to....... just a statement. They always say that they call and visit because I'm not on it....LOL This is the only social site that I have and my profile is very private. Even my cafemom "friends" (which I don't consider actual friends), see very little on my profile.
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 2:34 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• I understand that everything you post is essentially property of Facebook. But I meant, what does the security leak have to do with photo recognition? Of the people hacked or what? Anyways, Sheri's right, I never post my exact whereabout, even to people I know. On a more positive note, considering that so many people DO go on there, I've been able to reconnect with people I most likely never would have found otherwise.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 2:35 AM on Jul. 31, 2010