IUD

I have a 6month old and an almost 5yr old boys and i want to try for a little girl. Has anyone had the birth control IUD? and have u got it taken out does it hurt?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:54 PM on Oct. 3, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I had an IUD before had my daughter and I have one again. I have the hormonal one Mirena. I really like it- no forgetting to use bc. It is a wonderful option for mono realtionships. The dr warns about if u or ur partner has more than one cuz the chances of STDs increases a lot. It did not hurt when they removed it. A little crampy, but no pain. U can bleed/ spot for up to 3 months after insertion, but its worth the inconvience. Get it removed a few months before you actually plan to get preggers, cuz ur body has to get back into its own hormonal happy place. I suggest it to all the moms i no looking into bc options. good luck tryin fr a girl! i cant wait to have a boy, in the far, far future!
    smzuzu

Answer by smzuzu at 6:14 PM on Oct. 3, 2008