do you love your kid(s) more or your SO/DH more?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:18 AM on Jul. 31, 2010 in Just for Fun

• It's two different types of love... but if I had to pick... my kids!!

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 2:21 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• I agree that it's two different types of love. If I had to choose, honestly, I love my son more than any other person in the world. I would always put him first of necessary.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 2:24 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• I love my kids more, I carried them for 9 months and was the one with them through thick and thin
    togo90210

Answer by togo90210 at 2:27 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• I love them both but my DH comes first. I want my marriage to be an example of love to my kids like my parents' was to me.

There is definitely a different type of love and I would rather just say I love them equally. My husband is my partner and our kids are our joy that together we love more than anything... if that makes sense. : /
    Sara.Robyson

Answer by Sara.Robyson at 2:28 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• There is definitely a different type of love and I would rather just say I love them equally. My husband is my partner and our kids are our joy that together we love more than anything... if that makes sense. : /"

It makes perfect sense. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 2:39 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• It's not the same kind of love but it is kinda. I will do anything for my children, as I would for my husband. I never want to be away from my children - the same can't be said for my husband. I will always love my children - and I know that I would always love my husband. I've been with him forever and I think that even if we weren't together forever, I'd still love him. But it's different.

I think in order to have a happy family, you have to put your relationship with your husband before your children (not to the point of obvious neglect or anything like that). Just because it's a different relationship - your kids will always love you but your relationship with your husband, that requires actual work.
    But I love my own personal kids and husband in all the same good ways - all the time, even when I'm mad.
    Blubuni99

Answer by Blubuni99 at 3:03 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• I love them all the same, but I have an instinct to protect my kids, you know? Hubby can pretty much take care of hisself. Its up to me to make sure my kids turn out ok and no one hurts them.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 3:06 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• I love my son more. for many of the same reasons from above
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 3:32 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• I see these questions all the time, and the "who comes first" questions. Maybe it's just me, but I don't love either more, any more than I love my oldest or youngest or middle son more than the others. The love I have for each of them is different and in no way comparable, just like the love I have for my parents, sibs, nieces, friends is different.

I place a high value on my marriage and my husband - not to the detriment of my kids, but for their benefit. I'm showing them what a loving, happy, successful marriage looks like and how having that stable base for our family makes every member stronger. What message am I sending my sons if I constantly push my husband to the side in favour of my kids? What would they expect in their marriages? I am modeling the kind of partnership I hope they find in their future relationships.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 3:45 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• I love my kids unconditional. No matter what they do I will love them. If I was to lose DH it would be very hard to carry on. Defiantly have a strong love for my children and my DH. Sara makes perfect sense :oP
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 3:52 AM on Jul. 31, 2010