c-section?

I have had 2 c-sections How many have u had and is it okay to have another baby?

hinson7169

Asked by hinson7169 at 5:56 PM on Oct. 3, 2008 in Pregnancy

• iv had 3 i wanted to have the last one natural but they wldnt do it theres a high chance of hemerage with a vbak!! thats why they dont want to do it. but i will say after the last c- section i was in sooo much pain way more than the other 2
    lovey696

Answer by lovey696 at 8:49 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I've had only one, but I'll be having my second next summer. A friend of mine had four. I don't see why it wouldn't be ok to have another baby.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 5:58 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I haven't had any c-sections, 3 natural births. Yes you can have another baby as long as there were no serious complications from your c-sections. Make sure to tell your doctor if you are going to try to have another baby if you have any concerns. Why did you have the c-sections, for medical reasons? By the way, it is still possible to have natural birth!
    Juanita3

Answer by Juanita3 at 6:02 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Really they told me once u have a c-section that u cant have any natural births? No i dont have health problems just my first son head was to big
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 6:06 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• That's flat out not true that you can't have natural once you have a c-section. I know many moms who have delivered both ways. My sister-in-law had her first son delivered by c-section, but her second and third both natural, which is much easier on the body. Some doctors just want to schedule c-sections to fit into their schedule better. Talk with your doctor about your concerns, and if you have another baby leave your options open. Don't assume you have to get another c-section!
    Juanita3

Answer by Juanita3 at 6:13 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I've has 1 c section my doc told me to wait at least a year if I wanted to get preggo again. I had a very hard pregnancy and a very hard birth so it will be a long time before I have another one if I do.
    yaffamommy

Answer by yaffamommy at 6:20 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I've had two and I'm preggo again so this will be 3. They recommend 3 but I'm going to push for four and typically that's safe too. I've heard of lots of people going to 4 and some past. I'dd say 4 is good though
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 7:51 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I had a C-section with my first baby and then went on to have 3 Vaginal deliveries. I just depend on what the reason for the first c-section was and how the incision was made in the uterus. Those are the main factors on deciding if you can do a VBAC.
    amydh

Answer by amydh at 10:02 PM on Oct. 3, 2008