Can you get pregnant if you still have hcg in your system?

I recently had a miscarriage 2 weeks ago & I am trying to get pregnant again,but before we started trying again I took a pregancy test & it turned positive almost immediately. I am just wondering if I will be able to get pregnant while this is going on?

seaott9406

Asked by seaott9406 at 6:03 PM on Oct. 3, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Yes you can! A good friend of mine got pregnant before her levels were low enough to show negative, and had a healthy pregnancy. However, my doctor was very adament about waiting until my levels had returned to negative after my miscarriage to try again.
    KennsWifey

Answer by KennsWifey at 6:30 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• yeah you sure can.
    KaraBeara77

Answer by KaraBeara77 at 6:30 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I miscarried....didn't realise it...and got pregnate again. We found out when we went back for the ultrasound to find out what we were having. BIg supprise when we were only about 9 weeks pregnate vs. 18!
    momma-still

Answer by momma-still at 8:39 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Your supposed to let all the blood be out of ur body before u have sex or anything again because they say it can cause an infection. If you took a preg test during this time yes it would come out positive cause your body hasn't bleed out all the pregnancy. The doctors will need to keep taking blood samples and make sure the levels keep goin down to zero. Most people have to have a D&C to get out all the blood and stuff. I've had a miscarrage and bleed out all of it on my own and didn't need a D&C. I'd wait like 3-4 weeks after a miscarrage. But it's up to u,
    Anonymous