• In the Spotlight:

When's the best time of year to give birth?

I like April and May because its just starting to get warm out. I read that having a baby in the winter makes them more prone to sickness, plus who wants to carry baby around town and to drs in the cold? Been there done that, no ty. Also when you have them in the spring its much easier to get outside and lose the weight. You don't have to worry about the clothes for baby being mid season either.

SweetLoveofMine

Asked by SweetLoveofMine at 3:30 AM on Jul. 31, 2010 in General Parenting

• i agree spring
    Topgunmommy

Answer by Topgunmommy at 3:36 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• i dont know about all that but I am wishing i had had mine a month earlier. his bday is in october and he is missing the cut off for preschool, so he has to wait til next year. But my sister says its a good thing because he will be more mature for when he starts next year.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 3:37 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• I agree with April/May. My first was born May 1st and it really is the perfect time. Not too hot yet and not to cold either. And the baby has several months to build up immunities before winter sets in. My others were born in July...UGH and January...ok.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 3:37 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• Anytime lol I had a Feb, 2 Augs and a Nov baby :)
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 3:38 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• well my first was born in july. and i loved it. so im gona say between spring and summer.
    nessac1987

Answer by nessac1987 at 3:52 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• My son was born in May. Loved it! I was also glad to be pregnant through the winter...hot flashes!
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 4:58 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• My 1st was born at the end of February. I thought that was a good time it was still cold but I wasn't doing much that first month anyway, then once I was ready to be out more it was getting warmer. It was also nice being pregnant mostly in the colder months. If I have another I'll probably aim for march/april.

lilysmom2607

Answer by lilysmom2607 at 8:23 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• Any time you are able to conceive and give birth is a great time. Not everyone gets to have their choice of when and are so thankful just to be able to have a child that the optimum time has never even been a consideration.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 10:07 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• Spring! You're pregnant through the cold part of the year, rather than the hot, travel to & from the hospital isn't to hard - no snow, no construction yet... And you'll be healed in time for bathing suit season! Plus, the baby will be big enough to enjoy the holidays with.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:41 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• I can tell you the worst time is the middle of August. Being in the third trimester in June, July, and August in South Carolina is no fun at all.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:45 AM on Jul. 31, 2010