What do I do to get rid of the pain from my delivery?

I had a vaginaly delivery and I tore myself a little so I had to get stiches. The doctor told me to rest,but I really dont have that option because there are things around the house that need to be done. I feel fine during the day, but when I wake up in the morning to use the bathroom,it burns me like crazy. I dont mean to be gross but I dont know any other way to put it. Were all grown women here. Any advice will be very much appreciated.

NEWMOMMYJUN2008

Asked by NEWMOMMYJUN2008 at 12:23 PM on Jun. 29, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Do you use Tucks wipes? They helped me a lot. That and the squirt bottle the hospital gave me.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 12:32 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• a cold wet wash cloth helped me. Just hold it on there for a min. before you use the bathroom and again when you are done. The wetness helps so it doesn't sting so bad and the coldness sort of soothes.
    peachtree1124

Answer by peachtree1124 at 12:41 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• I had the little squirt bottle and when I had to pee I would squirt the bottle at the same time so it didnt burn. TMI I know, but worked. The tucks pads worked wonders too.
    luvmybaby

Answer by luvmybaby at 1:24 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• Soak in some warm water or as hot as you can take it. Or use a squirt water bottle. That will soothe the pain as well.
    Rage419

Answer by Rage419 at 2:36 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• i used the bottle the hospital gave me EVERYTIME I went to the restroom and i also took hot baths just up to my hips. Also the wipes that they should of gave you at the hospital try those. Also you really do need to rest. Screw the stuff around the house for now! Do the light things but nothing heavy not even vaccuming! Be careful you dont want to tear again!! trust me :( I had 11 stiches and totally understand be careful. Also you can buy a ring and sit on that when you are sitting down it helps. GODD LUCK
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 6:37 PM on Jun. 29, 2008