Where is a good place to purchase E bras?

I'm currently a 38 DD, and my milk has not come in yet because I'm still currently in my 37th week of pregnancy. For a "just in case" measure, I'm probably going to need to purchase a 38 E bra at some point, and was just wondering if anyone knew of a good place to buy decent bras that size. Walmart doesn't sell anything higher than a DDD, and if I do get this big, I do not want to be miserable in a DDD.

Graicysmom10

Asked by Graicysmom10 at 6:50 AM on Jul. 31, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Just so you know a DD is also called an E. you may not get much bigger than that even when full. I am in between my E and a DDD, I still wear my E and it just gets a little snug, but not too bad. You have to be a treasure hunter for bras for us. Depending on your bodily heft, you can try a Lane Bryant. I am not wide enough for their clothes, so can't use them. Every once in a while I can find a few E's in stores like Target, sears, etc. My only problem is that finding my E in anything smaller than a 40. I am now a 38. The salesgirl I asked looked like her eyes were going to pop out of her head. lol. I'd say try Lane Bryant or just hunt. Good Luck!
    tabbykat6802

Answer by tabbykat6802 at 7:28 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• I was a 38 D and my boobs went to a 38 DD but that was only when my milk came in and they got engorged. I made the mistake of running out and buying all new nursing bras only to have them go back down within a week. There is a Shopko by me that sold the Playtex nursing bras, Motherhood had really uncomfortable bras in my opinion.
    wood1980

Answer by wood1980 at 7:36 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• I have to go to a bra boutique because I'm a 38G. So my best bet is find a boutique that deals only in bras and bra fittings.
    tanya_marieh

Answer by tanya_marieh at 7:58 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• I agree with Tanya. I would find a store in your town that specializes in bra after your milk comes in
    MsHouseWife

Answer by MsHouseWife at 10:50 AM on Jul. 31, 2010