online affairs

Do you believe that online affairs constitute infidelity?

BoundHearts

Asked by BoundHearts at 7:55 AM on Jul. 31, 2010 in Relationships

• yes.
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 7:59 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• of course.
    MomtoElliett

Answer by MomtoElliett at 8:07 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• Yes.
    Honestbest

Answer by Honestbest at 8:08 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• No but of course I will not be popular for saying this either but cheating over a computer just does not make it to my list of earth shattering moments.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 8:21 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• Not really, no more than dh looking at porn does.. of course, if the online relationship led to phone calls/ meetings then you're crossing the line. I'm not even sure exactly how one has an "online affair", since usually both people are lying their heads off to make themselves look good. we've been married 20 years and we've went through every up and down you can think of - flirting online doesn't panic me in the least, but since dh doesn't get on the computer except to play "farmville" I don't worry about it. Plus the computer's in the middle of the living room so there's not much privacy anyway :-)
    Even if he was flirting online, I'd probably just clean around him lol.
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 8:28 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• yes it is, anytime your making ANY sexual advances may they be online or in person about what you would do to that person sexually is cheating, your heart is not in the marriage you took the vows for with your partner when your talking bout bending some other woman over and ya... sorry if your faithful your faithful 100% or dont even bother!
    oppsdiditagain

Answer by oppsdiditagain at 8:37 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• That's a fine line. It shows a problem in the relationship. If one person feels the need to go outside the relationship for attention then there is a problem. It also depends on what is being said. I have a friend who's husband does a lot of on-line "cheating" and he says untrue stuff about her and plays "poor pitiful me, my wife is such a bitch" to get attention. If the other person in the relationship feels cheated on then it's cheating.

Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 8:40 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• Emotional infidelity..
    anabele

Answer by anabele at 8:52 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• Yes it does, because if he took it that far he thinks he can take it even futher.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 8:52 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• Absolutely
    Truelove77

Answer by Truelove77 at 9:10 AM on Jul. 31, 2010