What could cause muscle tightness and shortness of breath at 35 weeks pregnant?

I'll be 35 weeks tomorrow. I've had this feeling before (mostly just the shortness of breath) but it seems to be happening more often now. I won't really be doing anything strenuous and all of a sudden I'll feel shortness of breath. Now it's been combined with muscle tightness in my legs, back, and neck. It doesn't hurt at all and I'm usually too focused on trying to breath right to check and see if my uterus is tight as well. It makes me feel like all of my energy is just drained. It usually goes away within a minute or two.

Does anyone know what this could be?

Mrsphillips777

Asked by Mrsphillips777 at 8:12 AM on Jul. 31, 2010 in Pregnancy

• The shortness of breath could be because you have less lung space. The baby pushes everything up into your lungs and you have less lung capacity, especially is the little on kicks up in that direction.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 8:21 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• It could be the way the baby lays just try different positions when this happens i got that with my first son alot oh and start walking almost everyday cause i did that and had those symptoms for about 3 weeks and then had my son.
    mommy2b924

Answer by mommy2b924 at 2:40 PM on Jul. 31, 2010