Any tips for recovering from a c-section???

My incision is vertical and not horizontal cuz I am a bbw and I was wondering if anyone had any tips to help it heal faster and not hurt so much.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:00 AM on Jul. 31, 2010 in Health

• Keep up with your meds of coarse, and maybe try sleeping on a recliner rather than laying flat on the bed or the couch. That helped me alot during my recovery time. Please follow the doctor's orders even if you get the urge to do things you shouldn't be doing!! My aunt had the vertical cut and really over-did herself and ended up splitting it! That made the recovery time 3x as long, caused infections, and it looked like she had 2 raw steaks on her stomach! NOT GOOD. So please take it easy and congrats on your new addition =)
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 9:02 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• My best tip is to NOT push it - do NOT lift things that are heavier than your Dr said, do NOT try to "just tidy up" or "just push a vacuum" or anything like that. Take it easy, take your meds if you need them / have any, and give yourself time to heal. Stay hydrated!!!
    Wait to have sex, even though the baby wasn't born vaginally, there is still a lot of healing going on up in there and you can slow your healing down.

I had a c-section and I pushed it, and I ended up with a uterine infection and was re-admitted to the hospital - not good :-(
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 9:08 AM on Jul. 31, 2010