Early menstruation, black blood, heavy flow, and all else.....

I u usually start my period on the 29th sometimes not till 30th. This month I started on the 24th, 1st day dark black blood, 2nd day red blood HEAVY flow. 3rd-6th day medium flow, 7th and now 8th day back to dark dark black blood with very light flow. I am not sure what is going on. Nothing has changed, I am not on birth control, my dh and I have not been ttc, nothing. Any helpful ideas? I sure could use some answers and some peace of mind! Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:15 AM on Jul. 31, 2010 in Health

• Well, I had my period this month with black blood. It started out brown, then turned the black, then heavy flow of red, then lighter flow and back to the normal color. I have an IUD in and was worried about infection, but I can't get a doc appointment because i have no child care, and I can't be checked down there with my 1 year old Dd running around the room.

I talked to a nurse and she just said I needed to be seen by a doctor, didn't say why. She said if there was itching, bright red blood, or bad cramps, I needed to go to the ER.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:22 AM on Jul. 31, 2010