how long does it take to heal from a DnC?

I had my DnC on Thursday morning and i was just wondering how long it will tak e to heal from it i've had a misscarriage before and had to get it done then to but it seemed like i was just fine on that second day i just want to get back to my life so i dont have to think about the pain of losing our baby bc it's to horrible to think about!

sweetmissa47

Asked by sweetmissa47 at 9:16 AM on Jul. 31, 2010 in Health

• I had the same thing for the same reason. Mine was done on a thrusday and I when back to work on Monday. I had a desk job at the time. Life when on as if nothing had happened. Even my DH was back to his normal self. I just couldn't get over how quick everyone forgot we had a baby on the way. I guess my point is your body will spring back and outside of a little discomfort for a few days you will be good as new. But those heart strings... give them all the time you need to heal. I pushed myself back to work back to life and I really think it took me longer to heal on the inside. So while you are home and healing. Get a cup of tea or coffee and sit down somewhere quite. Have a good cry, let it go and let god heal your heart. You will be better for it in the long run.
    Wittyprncess

Answer by Wittyprncess at 9:24 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• I agree with everything Wittyprncess says take some time to heal. It will take a while for the hurt to get over but it shouldn't take to long to be back to normal as far as the DNC is concerned mine was over 10 yrs ago so I can't remember how long it took I think I was back to work within a few days also. Good Luck and get some extra pampering done at home.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 12:18 PM on Jul. 31, 2010