idk what to do

i don't want a c section can i tell them i don't want it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:10 PM on Oct. 3, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Why did the doctor say he was going to do a C-Section?
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 6:15 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• no i just want a natural birth with no intervention and no drugs or anything.
    Anonymous

• oh my gosh...good luck with that...i loved having drugs when i gave birth!
    Anonymous

• I would think if everything is normal otherwise, it is your choice. Good luck. I have to agree with the last poster...that epidural was a big relief to me. But if you are strong and healthy and this is what you want; I'd let the doctor know. Maybe he has a specific reason for suggesting it.
    MixedNuts

Answer by MixedNuts at 6:26 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• well i don't take any drugs at all, not even pain relievers and i want to make sure nothing gets in my baby's system. i don't even want an iv i don't care if i'm dehydrated i'll just drink water.
    Anonymous

• well if you need it then its safer and if you don't want it you can tell them you dont
    Jessmikebaby

Answer by Jessmikebaby at 6:41 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• They don't let you drink water. You eat ice, and even that they won't let you have too much of. If there are complications you could throw up and aspirate it. Then you would be in even more trouble.
    Your best bet would be to use a midwife. No IV, no meds, and you can eat and drink when you want. Good luck.
    VAMommyX4

Answer by VAMommyX4 at 8:50 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Don't be ignorant. If a doctor tells you that you need a c-section it is because your life or the life of your baby is at risk. Sure, you can tell them you don't want it, but at what risk?
    Anonymous