Does the weather affect your mood/health?

When its cloudy and rainy,I get so achy and feeling down. If in the same day it clears up,I feel all better! its scary to think how much nature impacts our well being.

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 9:57 AM on Jul. 31, 2010 in Health

• WHen it is hot and humid I feel tired ........and when it is dark and rainy,I feel blah and moody and sad. Otherwise,I feel happy and healthy. The weather does make a big difference.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 10:56 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• YES!! When it's humid or really cold, my asthma acts up. When it is gloomy outside, my anxiety and depression act up (usually January-March). Rainy weather bother my back and knees. So, yes weather definately affects health and moods.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:59 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• Oh yes! I just came back from a long distance walk and left later than usual, the heat drains me of energy!!!! and the humidity make my joints sore.

Answer by older at 10:00 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• yes-when I am cold I'm freaking MISERABLE!
    I am so much happier here in TX than I was in Utah...9 month winters are NOT my firend!
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:01 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• I tend to have more headaches on rainy days than I do sunny.
    CaLizzyMom

Answer by CaLizzyMom at 10:08 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• yes it does
    tayseansmom7505

Answer by tayseansmom7505 at 10:29 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• OP, what you describe is known as Seasonal Affective Disorder, or SAD. I've had it for years. On gloomy days I have no motivation and it's a struggle just to get out of bed. Some people need a certain number of hours of sunlight in order to function well. In the winter, I have to use a full spectrum lamp for a few hours a day or else I'd be in hibernation.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 10:45 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• I am so much happier in the summer. In the winter I have a tendency to be a little depressed. Doc says it is because I don't get enough vitamin D from the sun.
    dragonlady44

Answer by dragonlady44 at 10:51 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• Absolutely. When I went through Midwestern winters and didn't see the sun for weeks, I felt depressed all the time. I've lived in Las Vegas since 2005, and here we get more than 300 days of sunshine a year. My mood is completely different. It's amazing, really.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 11:26 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• Oh yeah I get horrible headaches I know are caused by the weather my dh's back hurts him really bad when the weather is himid, nasty and same with my dad and his knee. We have actually had a dr tell us that there was a study on this that says the weather doesn't affect you but he says he disagrees with it as well as most of his patients also.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 12:12 PM on Jul. 31, 2010