What kind of questions should I be asking my doctor?

I am half way through my pregnancy. This is my first child and I have no idea on anything. I was just wondering if some moms out there could help me with some questions for my doctor. What kind of questions are you asking your doctors?

raiderchick2008

Asked by raiderchick2008 at 10:07 AM on Jul. 31, 2010 in Pregnancy

• talk about what to expect in the comming months, how to get ahold of them if you need to, what you need to watch out for, what you can and cant do, start talking about a birth plan, weather or not you should try birthing classes, visiting the hospital labor ward, breastfeeding if you choose to do that, how many kicks or movements you should feel per hour, whens the next ultrasound, any concerns you have or they might have, will they be the one delivering or will it be the doc thats on call or on the ward at the time. those are good ones to start out with. and also if you dont already have it you can get what to except when you expecting or other pregancy books that can give you some guidance.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 10:22 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• i always ask questions about the birth. i like to make sure my birth preferences will be respected. since you are half way through it would definitely be good to ask those kinds of questions so you can switch if you need to. i ask about no EFM, no IV, whether i can move around freely, use the tub, etc. but other things might be important to you :)
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 11:09 AM on Jul. 31, 2010