Any Ideas 2 Get a 3 yr Almost 4 Yr Old 2 Sleep In His Own Room??

My 3 Yr Old Dont Wnt 2 Sleep In His Own Room, B/C He's Scared Theres Monsters In There. I've Evn Tried Sprayin "Air Freshner" In His Room 2 Kill Them But He Still Wakes Up In The Middle Of The Nite 2 Come Sleep With Us!!!!! ANY Ideas 2 Help Me???? :((

davidsmami12

Asked by davidsmami12 at 10:18 AM on Jul. 31, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Make him sleep in his room and put up with the crying for a week.
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 10:22 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• I'm gonna bump this one having the same issue but not about monsters just plain dosn't like sleeping in her room. She'll sleep on the couch with her sister or with me. It dosn't really bother me but we busted our butts making her room so cute and it is never touched.
    PageKing

Answer by PageKing at 10:22 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• We Let Him Choose How He Wanted 2 Decorate His Room, He Chose Cars n Evn Has a Race Car Bed, AND HE STILL WONT SLEEP IN THERE!!!!!!
    davidsmami12

Comment by davidsmami12 (original poster) at 10:26 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• new night light? have a search each night to make sure the monsters are not in the closet, etc?........... can make it fun

several children's books about monsters in the bedroom.........could make it fun to go look at books together in a Barnes & Noble, or such, and pick out the perfect one!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 10:55 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• try leaving the light on.
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 11:14 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• A stuffed toy that can help protect him from whatever he is afraid of. Let im pick it out at the toy store. Both my children had one or a small nite light might help or both.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 1:20 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• put him there and keep on doing it. The Super nanny has website that has many ideas that may be helpful with hits
    ms_mommy_sue

Answer by ms_mommy_sue at 2:30 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• Get a night light and a strict bed time routine. If he wakes in the night, take him back to his room. He will eventually understand that he has to stay in there.
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 4:48 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• I agree with the night lite and really I wouldn't give him a choice, he wil deal with it after a few nights of crying. What choice does he have if you don't give him one?
    newmomma14

Answer by newmomma14 at 8:54 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• We have to leave the tv on. ; (
    josephsgirl86

Answer by josephsgirl86 at 9:47 AM on Aug. 1, 2010