What kind of flea control products do you use for your pets?

lizard111

Asked by lizard111 at 10:40 AM on Jul. 31, 2010 in Pets

• We use frontline plus. I have 4 dogs, 2 cats, and sometimes a foster dog and we use it on all of them. We live in the woods so we have fleas and tick really bad, but have no issues when they are current on frontline. Also I order it from a website out of australia, it is half the price of what they sell it for in the US. With 6 pets to put it on it can get expensive.
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 10:48 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• I have two cats and I use Frontline. It works great on them.
    HistoryPixie

Answer by HistoryPixie at 10:42 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• Advantage made all the difference on our cats, and now we have the house exterminated and don't need to use anything extra on them.

Answer by Bmat at 10:44 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• I don't have a pet, but you can feed them a clove of garlic once a week for fleas, fleas don't like the garlic being in their blood stream. It's worked great for my in-law's Dog, she used to have HUGE bald patches all over because of scratching fleas and nothing worked until they started feeding her garlic.
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 10:44 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• They treat them when we have them groomed... I have tried frontline, advantage, etc, and they don't work for us...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:50 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• My cats vet has her on Capster. Which is a flea pill that starts killing fleas in 4 hours and by 24 hours they are all dead. It is a monthly pill. It works wonders. Frontline never worked for her.
    PoisonousBlonde

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 10:59 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• I use my household products on my pets. Its safe. We've been flea free for years. I have not used a pesticide on them for years either. Go to www.saferisbetter.com/Mommieshome if you want to know more.

When my cat did have fleas years ago..I had given him a bath and only washed his body. All the fleas went to his head and not a single one was on his body..so I re-washed him and they were gone. It repels them too.

Fleas are tough because if you have your pets inside...you have to treat your carpet , bedding, and furniture too. Take your vacuum bag or canister out of the house right away. It takes about a week for the eggs to hatch and you have to treat the house again in addition to your pets. You can also try to put a cap ful of apple cider vinegar in their drinking water.
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 11:01 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• Frontline
    August07Mom

Answer by August07Mom at 11:15 AM on Jul. 31, 2010