getting pregnant question.

i know this might sound stupid and i plan on buying a test this weekend. (have to wait cause my work messed up my check) but what i was wondering is not if i am pregnant cause of course you cant tell me that but does anyone know if it is possible to go off the depo shot and get pregnant before you get your period back? I went off of it in june (would of been the next shot date) and have yet to get my period back. would it be possible that i havent gotten it cause i have gotten pregnant already? I know, go get a test and like i said i am going to...just wondering what the odds were...thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:11 PM on Oct. 3, 2008 in Health

• Good question. I'm not sure. I only know that it could take awhile to have your period again after coming off depo. If you don't find an answer here you should try "googling" your question. I bet you'll find some great answers and experiences that way.

Best wishes!
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 6:14 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I am not sure about Depo, I never used it, but I do know that you have to ovulate before you have a period, so if you ovulated and then got pregnant, you never would have had your first period. So it is possible, I just don't know statistics or anything! Good luck!
    VAMommyX4

Answer by VAMommyX4 at 8:48 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I believe so. My friend was receiving a birth control shot and never got her period. I told her she was probably pregnant and guess what, she came back the next morning after taking a test that was positive and told me the good news. You don't have to have a regular period to get pregnant, just one ovulation.
    gwood

Answer by gwood at 10:30 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I got off the depo shot in December, never had a period and was pregnant in June.
    Ilovepie77

Answer by Ilovepie77 at 8:47 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• Thank you for the help ladies...i took a test on friday night and it came back not pregnant and am now what i guess am hoping is my period...(been so long almost forgot what its like lol) so i think that will be good to get things working right again and then start trying at the first of the year. Thanks again everyone.
    ldylancer03

Answer by ldylancer03 at 11:53 AM on Oct. 6, 2008