who else dilated super fast?

of course this assumes you had vaginal exams/cervical checks which i know a lot of people decline. i planned to decline with my 2nd but then when i went into labor at 33 weeks, of course plans changed!

i was 3cm around 6pm, my son was born at 6:45. my water broke sometime in the middle of that time too.

it was pretty bad actually because we were hoping we could hold things off for 24 hours to give time for the steroid shot to help but no such luck.

just wondered if anyone else knows if they dilated that fast. :) just for fun

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:52 AM on Jul. 31, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I did. I was at 3 cm and then about an hour later I told the nurse I had to push. She laughed at me and said "honey, these things take hours" I told her either I had to have the world's biggest BM, or I had to push. She checked me and then RAN to get the doctor.
    That was with my first pregnancy. They didin't question me on my second one which went just as fast.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 10:55 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• With my son I went from 5-10 in 15 mins
    With my youngest I went from 3-10 in 10 mins

With my 1st I had no cervical exam or anything. I wasn't checked for any dialation. I was only checked when I told the nurse I had to push. I had been at the hospital for 15 mins. I don't know how much I was dialated to when I went in.
    PoisonousBlonde

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 10:56 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• I was 38 weeks and a couple days but I went from 5cm-10cm in 15 minutes
    TigerBaby69

Answer by TigerBaby69 at 11:00 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• I didnt know you could decline those? I was super slow and actually went backwards with 1st baby I was at 6cm an hour later at 4cm had to have an emergency csec. My dd I stayed at 1 cm for over a month, had a scheduled csec when my water finally broke 2days b4 my csec I was still at 1cm.
    mscamp0235

Answer by mscamp0235 at 11:24 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• If you were having your baby at 33 weeks it wasn't a normal birth. Next baby you may go full term and have a normal labor depending on what cause the preterm labor the first time. For example, smoking can cause preterm birth. Next baby it may not or you may have quit smoking.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:31 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

no i don't smoke, and my first was a 41 weeker. we don't know what caused the preterm baby so we don't know if i have another if s/he will be early or term. until that day everything seemed perfectly normal and they never were able to identify what caused it... i think that it's pretty common to not be able to tell why though...
    and i completely agree that it wasn't a normal birth! but i do think it's "normal" to have a short labor, just like it's "normal" to have a loooong labor. i prefer medium. lol

-OP
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 12:03 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• I went from a 4 to a 10 in a second.. no joke. I acually felt my cervix pop open. I was at a 4 for a month, hen when labor started at home, POP! Contractions came every 2 minutes, and with in 20 I was pushing.
    VelvetCat

Answer by VelvetCat at 1:58 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• I dialate really quick! All 4 babies, from 5cm - 10cm only took about 1-1.5hrs :)
    KaRaBaSsEtT

Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 7:46 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• With #3 I was 3cm at check-in and baby was born 43 minutes later - so 7cm in about 40min.
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 10:40 PM on Jul. 31, 2010