Would you rather have sock corsage or real flower corsage for baby shower?

My SIL and I are giving ab bay shower and I have always bought a real flower corsage but she wants to do a baby sock carsage and she can't find one anywhere and she won't settle for a flower one. She says she likes the sock corsage because you can put it in the baby book. So I said you could also dry the flower out & put it in a bag & put in baby book and then you wouldn't have the big bulk of the baby sock. And she says that women now days want the baby sock, not a flower. So I would just like some input from you guys?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:01 AM on Jul. 31, 2010 in

• to each her own..but i kinda l like the idea of both.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 11:04 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• It's o.k. to do both, you could go with one as one thing and the other as maybe a spot setting at their seats? I personally think the real flower is a good way to go.'
    Stefono

Answer by Stefono at 11:09 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• If I had to choose between the two I would pick the sock corsage but the idea of both is nice. That way you are both happy.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 11:18 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• I am not familiar with either at a baby shower. I've never heard of a sock corsage but can visualize it. I'd say if it is something for the mom to wear that flowers would be nicer, unless the sock corsage could be made tiny enough to not overload her shirt.

Answer by Bmat at 11:18 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• I've never heard of a sock corsage either. I know a lot of baby showers do have corsages made with baby things though. Mine had a pacifier on it. I guess it all depends on what you girls think the mom will like.
    Desi_Momof4

Answer by Desi_Momof4 at 11:28 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• Sock corsage. Flowers die. Socks can be used to keep those teeny feet warm. :-)
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 12:03 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• What about giving her the flower one for her to greet people with and then change it to the sock one for her to open presents, since the sock one is also a present. I know I would love having two to use as I want, a keep sake and a useful gift.
    AmyLynn5398

Answer by AmyLynn5398 at 12:48 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• http://www.creative-baby-shower-ideas.com/baby-sock-corsage.html
    I looked up the sock corsage because I was curious. If you girls want to do a sock corsage, just make one. This is a link for one. It shouldn't be too hard and a little love and creativity go a long way. She can disassemble it afterwards and use it for her baby's feet. It is too bulky for scrapbooking (baby book) IMO. This particular one uses silk flowers as well as socks, but you could make it out of fresh flowers and socks and she could use the socks for the baby and store the flowers as keepsakes if she chooses. Just an idea.
    Desi_Momof4

Answer by Desi_Momof4 at 1:16 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• i think the sock is totalllllyyy adorable! I would just make my own if i was unable to find one.. Heck I think if you can make it yourself it makes it that much special!!!
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 1:20 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• Do both she will feel very special.
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 1:28 PM on Jul. 31, 2010